Every school will have ten percent of unvaccinated individuals, who have submitted consent for testing in their school population, tested biweekly. Students and staff who are fully vaccinated are not required to be tested.
There are two easy ways for unvaccinated students to submit consent:
- Fill out the form online using a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)
- If you already have a NYCSA account linked to your student(s): Log in, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.”
- If you do not already have a NYCSA account you can get an account creation code from Ms. Parra, our Parent Coordinator Eparra2@schools.nyc.gov. You can create a full account and then provide consent as described above.
- If you do not have an account creation code, you can still provide your consent right away by clicking “Manage Consent” under “COVID-19 Testing” and filling out your and your child’s information to provide consent.
- Print and sign the form and bring it to your child’s school on the first day they are back in the school building. A printable PDF file is available in ten languages, under Consent Forms on schools.nyc.gov.