What is the School Leadership Team?
The School Leadership Team (SLT) are vehicles for developing school-based educational policies, and ensuring that resources are aligned to implement those policies. SLTs assist in the evaluation and assessment of a school’s educational programs and their effects on student achievement.
SLTs play a significant role in creating a structure for school-based decision making, and shaping the path to a collaborative school culture.
Chancellor’s Regulation A-655 establishes guidelines to ensure the formation of effective SLT’s in every New York City public School.
The SLT Role
- SLT is responsible for developing a school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP). See the iPlan portal (website) to find the CEP.
- SLT makes a yearly evaluation of the principal’s record of developing an effective, shared decision-making relationship with the SLT members during the year.
- SLT is not responsible for the hiring or firing of school staff. The SLT must be consulted prior to the appointment of a principal or assistant principal according to Chancellor’s Regulation C-30.
There are three members of the school community who must be members of the SLT: Principal, PA President and UFT Leader. The other members are elected parents and staff members.
An SLT should have a minimum of 10 members and have an equal number of parents and staff members. School Leadership Meetings determine the structure for school-based planning and shared decision-making.
SLT Members 2021 – 2022
- Frank Giordano, Principal
- Laurie Cianciotta, Assistant Principal
- Angela Lopez, Assistant Principal
- Catherine Tappitake, UFT Chapter Leader
- Layla Kraus, Special Education Teacher
- Angie Sheldon, PA President
- Camille Casaretti, parent
- Agnes Laird, parent
- John Mervin, parent
- Cristin Keely, parent
School Leadership Meetings will be held once a month and will determine the structure for school-based planning and shared decision-making.
All SLT meetings will be virtual.
Upcoming meeting: March 16, 2022
Meeting Dates 2021-2022
- September 29, 2021: Minutes: English, Mandarin Spanish
- October 20, 2021: Minutes: English Chinese Spanish
- November 15, 2021: Minutes: English Chinese Spanish
- December 15, 2021 Minutes: English Chinese Spanish
- January 19, 2022 Minutes: English Chinese Spanish
- February 16, 2022 Minutes: English Chinese Spanish
- March 16, 2022 Minutes: English Chinese Spanish
- April 11, 2022 Minutes: English, Chinese, Spanish
- May 18, 2022 Minutes: English, Chinese, Spanish
- June 15, 2022 Minutes: English, Chinese, Spanish