Equity Team Mission
We will create a school culture that promotes an inclusive, diverse, and equitable learning environment where all students feel that they belong and that there experiences and perspectives matter. To do this, we will continually revise standard-aligned units of study to include more diverse and inclusive perspectives that emphasize cultural pluralism, inclusion, social justice, and the addition of current events across content areas. In addition, we will cultivate and integrate our students’ diverse identities into every area of our school culture, providing them with opportunity for creative expression and student voice.
If anyone is interesting in joining the Equity Team, please reach out to Danielle Pignataro @ DPignataro@schools.nyc.gov.
5:15 pm – 6:15 pm via zoom
- Increasing stakeholder involvement
- Supporting staff in implementing more DEI in the current curriculum
- Creating more affinity groups to support marginalized groups in our school community
- Increasing awareness of existing issues through book clubs
- Possible creation of community project